CBD for Sleep Support
At Bradford Wellness Co., Dr. Chad reviews every product and decision to make sure that your health is the highest priority.
Maybe you haven't seen sleep as a big deal in your life.
Or maybe you've spent years not sleeping well and are hoping for a way to finally get the rest you need.
Why is sleep important?
Quality sleep plays an important role in overall physical and mental health.
When we get quality, restful sleep, our bodies repair themselves and help us remain energized and alert during the day.
Quality sleep also helps us maintain healthy brain functions such as memory, concentration, problem-solving, creativity and decision making.
Those are big deals!
It is recommended that adults get 7 to 9 of quality sleep each night for optimal health.
Without these steps it can be difficult to get the restful sleep our bodies need.
Lack of quality sleep has been linked to:
- increased risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
- weakened immunity, irritability and anxiety.
- difficulty concentrating on tasks or remembering information.
Therefore getting enough good quality sleep is essential for well-being and productivity.
Basically, how well you sleep has a BIG EFFECT on how well you live your life.
And if CBD gummies products can help you live your life to the fullest, then that's what we're all about.
What keeps people from sleeping well?
One of the most common issues is...
Stress can cause worries and anxieties to keep people up at night, making it difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep.
Other factors that can interfere with sleep are:
- a lack of a regular bedtime routine.
- drinking alcohol before bed.
- using electronic devices close to bedtime.
- drinking caffeine late in the day.
- certain health conditions such as allergies, asthma or other breathing problems.
- chronic pain
If you or someone you love suffers from these issues or you have other health concerns that impact your sleeping habits, seek medical advice from your doctor.
Ask if CBD may be able to help you sleep better.
How can CBD help us sleep better?
Research suggests CBD has a positive effect on our sleep-wake cycle, helping us to fall asleep faster and sleep more deeply.
Studies have shown that CBD may help reduce anxiety which can be a major factor in difficulty sleeping.
A study conducted on 72 adults with anxiety and poor sleep quality found those who took 25 milligrams of CBD daily experienced significantly lower levels of anxiety and an increased ability to fall asleep quickly.
CBD helps regulate our body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS).
The ECS is responsible for regulating processes like appetite, sleep-wake cycle and pain response.
When the ECS is out of balance due to factors like chronic stress or illness, it can impair our ability to get quality rest.
CBD helps restore balance by interacting with receptors throughout the ECS, which is thought to improve overall sleep quality and duration.
Overall, taking CBD gummies products for sleep has been found to be a safe and effective way to improve BOTH the quantity and quality of sleep for many individuals.
This may help those who struggle with insomnia or other issues surrounding their sleeping patterns due to chronic stress, physical ailments or mental health concerns.
How are sleep and chronic pain related?
CBD may also help people suffering from chronic pain conditions achieve better sleep by reducing inflammation and relieving discomfort at night.
Studies show that people who use CBD to manage their pain often experience improved sleep quality over time as well as reduced fatigue during the day from getting enough restful sleep each night.
So less pain = better sleep.
And better sleep may = less pain.
Along with taking CBD, how can I support good sleep?
Good sleep habits are essential for well-being, productivity and overall health.
- Stick to a consistent bedtime routine and limit activities that can interfere with sleep, including drinking alcohol or using electronic devices before you go to bed
- Avoid caffeine late in the day.
- Limit fluid intake before going to bed.
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable and free of distractions such as loud noises or bright lights.
- Adjust the temperature in the room to a cooler temperature.
- Get light during the daytime to regulate your body’s circadian rhythm.
- Reducing stress by engaging in calming activities before bed such as reading a book or listening to relaxing music can help clear the mind from any worries that may be keeping us up at night.
Is CBD safe to give kids for sleep?
While we support the use of CBD to help with adult sleep issues, here's where we say no.
We do not recommend you give CBD to kids.
Studies have not been done to show if it is safe or helpful for kids, whose bodies are growing and changing constantly.
Talk with a doctor before giving CBD to children.
Set it and forget it. Get your bath bombs on a consistent schedule in the mail.
The Night is Yours
If you need help with sleep support, many of our clients have found that sleep support gummies are a great fit. We always recommend consulting your doctor and starting out your CBD regimen in small doses.
You're always welcome to come by Bradford Wellness Co. in Scottsboro, Alabama to ask us questions.